CABBAGES! Please join me as I celebrate my nomination for the LIEBSTER AWARD! I can’t express how happy and thankful I am in receiving this.
Funny though, a few weeks ago, I was doing some major book blog exploration (#stalking). I’m not new to blogging, since I’ve kept a blog before; I am however, new to the book blogging community. So prior to 2 weeks ago, I din’t know what “Liebster Award” was for; after my research, I suddenly found myself hoping to become a nominee. To my surprise, when I woke up earlier today, IT WAS THERE–a notification of a wish come true!
For those of you who are not accustomed with this award, Liebster Award was started out by The Global Aussie at the year 2011, and has changed a few of the rules for 2016. This award is given to a blog that has less than 200 followers, it is indeed another way to showcase undiscovered gems in the blogging hemisphere. There are a lot of variety in the award design; I’ve included 2, which you can use according to the layout of your blog.
Should you be nominated to receive the award, there are certain rules that you need to follow. First and foremost:
This would not have been possible without My Book File! My forever gratitude goes out to you! I wish you fortuitous twinkles, my dear Cabbage!
Kindly see the logo I chose, proudly sitting at my sidebar.
I think this should be a no brainer, well, at least for me. I’ve always enjoyed reading posts from Cait over at Paper Fury. She is indeed one of the best existing book bloggers in the community; with her charming sass and unbelievable talent at humorous soliloquy, I don’t think there’s ever a post that will make you doze off to sleep. If you ever need excellent book recommendations, Cait is your guide (especially if you love dragons, cause our evil queen does). LOL. Cait is overall, a genius, and definitely puts passion in anything she does (she owns a store at Society 6, and Etsy–creative paper stuff) which you can obviously see simply by visiting her blog. Even if this isn’t 150-300 words, I think it’s enough selling point for you to head over at paper fury and devour your daily dose. Oh and don’t forget to bring her cake! Many thanks, Cait, for never failing to make me laugh whenever I’m being stressed over work–your posts mean a lot to me, and I’m pretty sure, to other people as well. Slainte, Cabbage!
Reviewing the questions laid out for me, there’s one that I couldn’t really answer cause I’m not much of a history person (just average), therefore I don’t want to lie and pretend to choose one I’ve researched in the internet solely for this purpose. With that, I’ll be answering 10 questions only.
1. What is your favorite spot in the city or village that you live in?
I’ve said it before, I live in the Philippines. And I’ve ever only moved once, I used to live in a semi-countryside area in our country, and in 2014, we moved to the shoe capital of the Philippines. My uncle’s family loves to eat out, and since they live right next door, my mom and I would usually tag along. And that’s how I discovered this little street called Lilac, which consists of undiscovered cozy food restaurants and cafe’s.
2. Would you rather live in the middle of nowhere or in the city? Why?
Countryside, but City is accessible in a few minutes
I love the silence and peacefulness of countryside, but every once in a while, I like being in the city too. I wouldn’t want to live in the city exactly, but I would like to have it accessible in a few minutes car ride.
3. Do you have any pets?
Yes. 1 Dog (mixed breed)
My mom is the world’s biggest pet lover, she’s mostly responsible for our pets (safe to say, I’m lazy). Back at our old house, the largest number of pets we’ve had is 6 cats and 1 dog.
4. What is you favorite animation film and why?
Tie between Megamind & Rise of the Guardians
Just this weekend, my boyfriend took me out to see Finding Dory and I LOVED IT. But I wouldn’t really say it’s my favorite cause I haven’t acquired a DVD copy and watched it endlessly. Well, it’s the humor in Megamind that really sold it for me; Rise of the Guardians, well duh, do you really have to ask? Okayyy. It’s all because of Jack Frost. *squeals excitedly*
5. If you’d have to pick one flower that you would have to have in your living room for the next 10 years, what flower would it be?
To be honest, I don’t like flowers all that much. But when I was younger, my mom kept a small garden and we had so much orchids around. I guess it’s something I got accustomed to compared to other flowers.
6. What country/countries do you still want to visit?
Europe, North Carolina, and California
I love everything in Europe–the ruins, structures and tourists spots; this obsession to have a European tour was because of the movie Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants wherein Santorini Greece was featured. It’s a beauty that took my breath away. North Carolina, cause of my favorite TV show, One Tree Hill. And California, just cause. LOL.
7. Have you seen the series How I Met Your Mother?*
I just never took interest in it, I didn’t watch any of the seasons. I was more of an action series fan, Criminal Minds, CSI & Bones.
8. What languages would you like to learn and why?
Spanish, Cantonese and Korean
These are languages I chose out on a whim, solely for this question. Well, except Spanish, cause I’ve always to learn that.
9. If you could meet one historical figure, who would it be?
My first ever book that I borrowed in the library back in grade school (middle grade), was actually a short picture book/biography of Princess Diana. It showed her when she was still young, up until she met and married the prince. I guess, I like her because she’s somehow a living Disney princess of some sort, minus the evil stepmothers and stepsisters. Actually, I didn’t know my answer for this one until a few minutes into writing this post, and I don’t know how to justify my answer concretely.
10. Are you a good cook?
I don’t know how to cook, well I can prepare rice and other fried processed food (egg, hotdog, and canned goods). I know, I’m the worst person ever. LOL.
- I only ever reread a book once, Isla and the Happily Ever After.
- I have 6 books of Peter Pan; 2 editions of the original Peter Pan, 3 YA Peter Pan retelling, and 1 Humanities Fiction Peter Pan retelling.
- I worked at a bookstore as a customer service for 4 months; hence the detailed description in fact no. 2.
- I only have one book shelf, but since I’ve started buying my own books (since 2015), I’ve acquired more than what would fit inside the shelf. I have 6 stacks of books lying around my room.
- I don’t lend out my books to anyone (even to my mom–well, she’s not really into YA), because I don’t want the hassle of asking for my book back. Oh an because I don’t like having creases on it or its pages or having the spine cracked.
- I prefer paperback versions than hardcover ones for some reason that is yet to be discovered.
- I wear glasses for fashion, not for eyesight correction. I actually have 20/20 vision.
- I used to play 7 sports (Muay Thai, Volleyball, Badminton, Swimming, Chess, Skating and Table Tennis) from middle grade to college.
- I learned how to use chopsticks when I was in high school, because I always buy Asian fried noodles in the cafeteria.
- I rarely wear shirts; I’m almost always in long sleeves casual polo for girls.
- During my existence of 22 years, I’ve only had one boyfriend, which is my boyfriend now for almost 2 months. (I didn’t what other interesting matter to share).
- What is the one food that you can eat for the rest of your life? (excluding pizza, cause really, that’s already given)
- How old are you?
- What country do you live in?
- What book got you into reading?
- What is your job? If you’re still studying, what’s your major?
- If you can choose one fictional world to live in, what is it and why?
- What is the latest movie you’ve seen?
- If you were to be a fictional character, who would you be and why?
- What is your current song on repeat?
- How do you arrange your books?
- What is your typical Christmas Eve set up? (eg. Window seat, with a comforter, a warm mug of chocolate drink and The Fault In Our Stars book)
I’m spreading the love to 3 lovely blogs that definitely deserves support!
I know I’m supposed to recognize at least 5, but I don’t know that many blogs yet. If ever I get the chance to be nominated once more, I’ll probably have more friends then, whom I can give this award to.
I had such a good time preparing this post! I wish Written Constellations will get more recognition in the future, plus I hope to at least host one tradition (award, book meme, tag) in the community.
Now, I shall use up the remaining time of my holiday,doing extreme exploration of book blogs! Oh, and I also have a post for Top 5 Wednesday in a while, so be sure to stay awhile. If you haven’t subscribed, I will be forever grateful if you do, dear Cabbage!
I would love to hear from all of you, do leave me a message down in the comments section. Or just share a random thought or opinion over this post, okay?
Rainbows and Mushrooms, with sparkles…